Looks like I’m going to be having some company next month. I decided to make a list of menu ideas so I can keep everyone fed without going crazy. Since I’m single, I don’t have the opportunity to cook for company too often, so I’ve come up with these ideas. Keeping everything fairly simple so I won’t be in the kitchen all the time.
This isn’t a typical recipe post – I’m just going to list my brainstorm menus. Everything is pretty basic – if you would like a recipe to follow, let me know and I will happy to oblige. I plan on making this a series of posts – starting with breakfast/brunch and continuing on to lunch and dinner…
1. Scrambled eggs, roasted applewood bacon and homefries.
2. Egg, cheese and bagel sandwiches
3. Greek yogurt with berries, sliced almonds and a drizzle of honey. I’ll serve with spiral sliced ham and toast.
4. Scrambled eggs with ham, cheese and green peppers. Served with Simply Potatoes hash browns.
5. Whole grain waffles toasted and topped with greek yogurt and mixed berries, drizzled with honey.
6. The old standby breakfast casserole – Simply Potatoes hash browns or southwest potatoes with eggs, shredded cheddar – jack cheese and crumbled sausage.
All of these will only take about 15-20 minutes to prepare. Nothing super elegant, but delicious and filling.