Cranberry Chutney with Brie – from Debbie Thelan
* 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
* 3/4 cup water
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
* Dash ground cloves
* Dash ground allspice
* 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped
* 1/4 cup golden raisins
* 2 8 ounce rounds Brie cheese
* Assorted crackers or sliced and toasted baguette
* Pear slices (optional)
1. Rinse cranberries in cold water; drain.
For cranberry chutney:
2. In a small saucepan, stir together the water, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil rapidly for 5 minutes. Stir in cranberries, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and allspice. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in apple and raisins. Simmer, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or until desired consistency. If you like, cool to room temperature.
3. Meanwhile, place Brie in an oven-safe serving dish. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is warm and slightly softened.
4. To serve, spoon the cranberry chutney over the warmed Brie. Serve with crackers or bread slices and pears, if you like. Makes 8 appetizer servings
* Warrens Cranberry Festival Warrens, WI Recipe Contributor: Debbie Thelen, Tomah, WI 3rd Place Fresh Cranberry Category2008 Warrens Cranberry Festival 37th Annual September 25-27, 2009 Wisconsin Cranberry Discovery Center 204 Main Street Warrens, WI 54666 Phone: (608) 3784878 Fax: (608) 378-3328